Mission Statement

Cyber Sabbath's goal is to begin to mend the division between Christ and the world (society) that Church has created through reflections, sermons and devotionals

Cyber Sabbath is a place for the stifled Christian voice to be heard. Media gives way to much time to the extremist - over looking the theologically educated and/or the moderates in favor of what sells their view point. Here, politics aside, a pastor reflects on God's voice in every day life.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

simple pleasures

So I am awe struck at my almost-2 year old's ability to love swinging.  Even after 20 minutes straight of just swinging, if you stop he screams "ME ME ME" cause he wants you to continue pushing him. Letting you know in no uncertain terms that it is still HIS turn on the swing.  Lately he has also loved riding his bike, although his verbal requests for bike riding seem more then swinging, he does not last as long. 

What keeps me in awe is his love for the simple things.  As adults we begin to lose this.  My daughter often says to me "Oh thank you Mommy!" with such true thankfulness and excitement in her voice over small things - sometimes it is a bath! 

I also can't help but reflect on how many people have told me that they don't go to church or listen to sermons anymore cause there is nothing new.  They are all preached the same way and there is no relevance to the Bible anymore.   This to me is surprising.  No matter how many times I've read the bible, and particular passages in general, I am still amazed when they speak to me.  When I find something new in them, I am reminded of the true concept of the Living Word. 

We as adults can't lose our drive for understanding and relishing in the simple things in life.  Reading favorite Bible passages may seem simple and trivia to some people.  But to those who know and have experienced their power realize there is a great deal to learn from in using them.  And there is something to be said to lose oneself on a swing or in a pretend tea party - where the cares of the world are forgotten. 

I would challenge each person to find a passage that speaks to you and use it as a mediation.  As a simple reminder that you are following God and attempting to hear God's will in life. And allowing yourself to step outside the adult world every once and a while were the cares are less and where being with God and accepting God's love are just done - without question and without rational.

This is a challenge we should all accept!