Mission Statement

Cyber Sabbath's goal is to begin to mend the division between Christ and the world (society) that Church has created through reflections, sermons and devotionals

Cyber Sabbath is a place for the stifled Christian voice to be heard. Media gives way to much time to the extremist - over looking the theologically educated and/or the moderates in favor of what sells their view point. Here, politics aside, a pastor reflects on God's voice in every day life.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

sitting back



“Ten, Nine, EIGHT, even, sekx, eve, four, three, TWO, ONE…BLASToff” my three old one can now count down.  Where has the time gone?  I cannot believe that just yesterday she was a baby…and I thought parents were crazy when they said that. Life is just too fast and it just seems to be getting faster and  faster…as we rush around getting everything done before our “clocks” run out or at least before anyone and everyone else I truly have to ask myself is this all that we are meant to do. 
I would say that life now is busier than it was, but I’m not sure that is the case. Instead I would suggest that as long as humans have been around, life has been busy.  Today it is a different kind of busy but as the end of it all we are trying to survive…making money to spend money to live (instead of out hunting and gathering.)  And what do we have to show for it?  Most of us don’t make the history books but instead only live on in memories and we don’t remember people who were so busy that they didn’t make time for us…
Maybe I am rambling, maybe I’m feeling a bit old tonight as I look on my children who seem to be growing in a blink of an eye, maybe I’m just realizing how long ago high school was but I think I have a good point here.  Without the HOLY, without finding time for God in our lives and in our days, than we are just wondering around so busy that it is a good thing we don’t have to think to breath. 
It isn’t about taking the time to sit and smell the roses, it is about taking the time to sit and examine our lives and our relationship with God – it is about looking forward to what is to come instead of dreading it.  As we have been trying to trust God these last few months, I am forced to stop from my crazy and hectic life and thank God for the blessings that I do have.  To find thanksgiving within the small and every day.  If I don’t do that, the busy takes over and I begin to lose purpose.
So, tonight I am sitting back and enjoying my children, my husband, our life and most of all the God that I trust to provide all that we need – because up till now God hasn’t let us down. J