As I grieve this week not just for an election outcome; not just for a future I am not sure about; but for the lost of dear family friend. I am not truly able to put into words how I feel. I am still trying to take it in and process. I think we get to grieve this election and grieve the
possibilities. This election has open our eyes up to the work that
needs to still be done in our country and the real issues that perhaps we have
been suppressing for a while. Whenever things change quickly there
are those who feel “left behind.” Let
us in the last days of Obama, grieve, let us remember what it means to be
united, let us love harder then we have ever loved and let us find ways to
respond to this instead of react. As we all process this let us find comfort in these words:
Psalm 146
1 Praise the LORD.Praise the LORD, my soul. 2 I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing
praise to my God as long as I live. 3 Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who
cannot save. 4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans
come to nothing. 5 Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the
LORD their God. 6 He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he
remains faithful forever. 7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the
hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, 8 the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up
those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. 9 The LORD watches over the
foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
10 The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.