Scrambling into the car as we dodged large pellets of ice snow coming from the sky has a whole new level of difficulty when children are added to the picture and all that goes with them - strollers, diaper bags, dolls... And yet the hardest thing to bias is the urge to open and look at all the new "stuff" in the bag from the store.
One of the true virtues in life is patience. A truly patient person is hard to find and often harder to get a long with. For most of us we would like that easy button that we could press and proclaim "that was easy!" or at the very least scissors handy for when our two-year-old can't wait to put their new shoes on and so an empty box must be brought up to the cash registrar while you hope you aren't acting guilty or that no one is going to accuse you of stealing.
Patience is what I am trying to teach my two-year-old. If I had a quarter for every time I said "wait" while I waved my hand with the sign language for "wait" I think I could probably pay for all if not most of her first year of college! And so I have come to learn that teaching her about "wait" is really a lesson to my self about patience and love.
And as I am praying to God for clarity and vision - where should I go from here? I can't help but feel the eternal voice of "wait" "be patient and all will be revealed!"
Yes in time "all will be revealed" one day we will know the whole of it - know the reasons for why we are here and be able to ask those important questions, until then we have to wait - trust and be patient.