I wasn't going to blog on politics, but probably because I've hit 40 weeks and no baby and as any person who has had a baby knows but now I'm just ready for this to be done.
I will admit that I usually try to avoid debates...why? Not because I don't want to have knowledge about who I am voting for but because the debates usually leave me disliking both candidates and really wondering if our country wouldn't be better off with Mickey Mouse running the show. The point of a debate is always for the non-president to prove that the last four years were horrible and could've been better, especially if you voted for the guy that didn't run. Then you have the president trying to prove that indeed he did do a good job the last four years...and at the end of the day, no matter which guy you want to be president, change isn't gonna happen unless we all take up more responsibility for voting within our own districts and local levels.
Change happens on local level first. Change happens within our counties and our states and most importantly within our congress. Yes, the president is an important figure but we need to vote at every election for all our representatives. We aren't going to have change or even get our congressman/ woman to work together if we don't hold them accountable but actually voting in the elections.
Every 4 years, more people turn out to vote then any of the other years - and there are WAY more then one choice on your tickets...so this year, cast your VOTE not just for the president but for your individual representatives the people who can create the change but working together, by actually creating by-partisanship.
We are called to hold all of our government accountable to us - the people...not just one figure head but all those who are elected - all who hold office on our behalf. So please VOTE for more then just one guy this year, more then just red or blue but VOTE for all those who represent you!